- 1 pound Italian Sausage (spicy)
- 1 small to medium head of cauliflower, rinsed, greens and core removed, diced into bite size pieces
- 1 Onion minced
- 1/4 cup bacon pieces (about 8 pieces cooked, cooled and crumbled)
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic minced
- 32 ounces Chicken Broth
- 1/2 bunch Kale, de-stem, cut/tear into bite size pieces
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Brown sausage in pan and drain really well.
- In a small bowl, dice up cauliflower.
- Place garlic, onion, chicken broth into pot or slow cooker, stir then add in sausage and cauliflower.
- Add just enough water to cover the vegetables and meat.
- Stove Top: Cook on medium high heat for approximately 30 – 45 minutes. Slow Cooker: Cook on high 3 to 4 hours.
- Add Kale, Bacon and Whipping Cream to pot and cook an additional Stovetop – 15 minutes, Slow Cooker – 30 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, and handful of shredded Parmesan, stir and serve.