- 1 ¾ cup sliced almonds
- ¾ cup Splenda
- 2 large eggs(whites only)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz light cream cheese, softened
- In a food processor, combine 1 ½ cups almonds and ¼ cup of Splenda.
- Process until mixture is finely blended. Set aside.
- In a large glass bowl, beat the egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. Add remaining Splenda 1 Tbsp at a time, beating until all the Splenda is mixed in and the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- Line two cookie sheets with aluminum foil. Drop rounded spoonfuls of mixture onto cookie sheet 1 ½ inches apart.
- Sprinkle remaining almond slices on each cookie, pressing slightly to make them stick.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. Rotate cookie sheets and bake 5-8 minutes or until cookies are a light, golden brown. Turn oven off, open door, and allow cookies to rest for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool before serving.
- Makes 32 cookies
- Serving Size = One Cookie